Under general direction from the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Director, Human Resources
is responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resources Department. In addition, coordinate assigned activities with other Alliance departments and outside agencies and provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Executive Director.
This position assures that the organization’s employment, safety, employee/labor relations, personnel, and equal opportunity policies and practices comply with applicable laws and state and federal provisions of regulatory agencies. This position also focuses on an organizational culture valuing open communication, team building, cross-functional activities, and culturally appropriate conflict resolution.
· Assist in the engagement and help influence senior management to support and implement HR initiatives across the organization.
· Assist all managers and supervisors in job description development, position classification and identification of employment needs.
· Coordinate wage and market salary surveys as needed.
· Ensure the timely processing of all personnel action such as performance appraisals, status change(s), verifications, benefit enrollment, etc.
· Oversee and approve all new hire activities including recruitment, interviewing criteria development, background check verification, and new employee orientations.
· Formulate, recommend and manage Human Resources policies and procedures to comply with applicable state and federal law and Alliance operational needs.
· Establish and direct standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures in conformance with established EEO/AA goals.
· Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed by the CEO on personnel matters to protect the interest of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resource policies, laws and regulations.
· Advise and assist supervisors and managers in compensation and employee relations matters.
· Manages total compensation/benefits strategy in support of organizational business objectives.
· Oversee and design wage and salary structure and pay policies, performance appraisals programs, employee benefit programs, CALPERS and other retirement plans and services and comply safety and health programs.
· Evaluate and recommend improvements to benefits and wellness programs.
· Communicate and provide information to employees regarding personnel matters and job counseling.
· Recommend and implement staff development programs.
· Administer the Employee Dispute Resolution process in collaboration with legal counsel with necessary. Ensure internal complaint process is effective and all complaints are addressed fairly and in a timely manner. Reports status and results as appropriate to leadership.
· Conduct ongoing analysis of HR metrics such as turnover, absenteeism, tardiness, disciplinary actions, etc.
· Coordinate and/or conduct exit interviews.
· Oversee HR-related audits.
· Develop and conduct training programs for supervisory/management personnel on Human Resources management topics such as employee performance appraisals process, disciplinary process, compensation policies, labor law updates, etc.
· Lead, manage, mentor, coach and develop the HR team for continuous improvement and success.
· Complete other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification required, CAPHR or SPHR desired.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Ten years progressive experience in Human Resources management positions required.
· Three years benefit management and payroll processing experience required.
· One year recruiting experience required.
· Previous experience in a healthcare setting.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to analyze problems and recommend workable solutions.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, coaching, and training.
· Strong leadership, project management, and time management skills.
· Extensive current knowledge of FEHA, FLSA, ERISA, ADAAA, OSHA and other applicable labor laws.
· Experience in using a computerized outsourced payroll system for processing payroll.
· Experience managing an on-line employee performance management system.
· Experience managing an on-line Applicant Tracking System.
· Experience in use of Windows Microsoft Office suite.