The Program Manager / Senior IT Project Manager will operated under the direction of the Project Management Office and will be responsible for providing program development and management for our Whole Person Care and HealthHome initiatives. The successful applicant will have experience in building and managing community based programs, managed healthcare programs, care integration, care coordination or care transition programs. The new Program Manager will lead a multifunctional team comprised of current and new roles within the Alliance. They will work with other community programs within Alameda county. In addition to the new program the applicant will also manage project within the Information Technology space. This includes development, infrastructure, network, database, telecommunications, processes and interaction with stakeholder groups within the Alliance. These technical projects may have components of healthcare operations including claims, membership, compliance, contract and procurement activities, various federal, state and local regulations, and internal policy and/or procedural business process requirements. This position also assists with directing the short and long term planning, control and monitoring of project scheduling and implementation.
The Senior IT Project Manager is required to lead each assigned project while maintaining all project management information including timelines, resources, issues, scope, and other related project activities. This position works closely with assigned project team members in understanding the technical and business needs and processes underlying each project, resolving project development and implementation issues to ensure quality and on-time project results.
· Coordinate the development of a Managed Care related programs Whole Person Care and HealthHome.
· Work with other members of the Alameda community to build and rollout the Alliance programs.
· Oversee and/or execute program / project activities in accordance with established schedules, milestones, and processes to ensure that all projects are well scoped, well documented, and completed on time and within budget from the project plan.
· Responsible for the development and management of project documentation from planning through final project implementation.
· Prepare and disseminate project schedules and related documentation including a fully developed project plan, in a timely manner.
· Report significant issues in a timely manner to the PMO Lead and all project stakeholders.
· Prepare and present progress/status reports to the PMO Lead.
· Facilitate or attend project-related meetings, maintain minutes, and record any outstanding issues.
· Complete other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor’s degree in a public policy/business, health-related, scientific, or technical discipline required.
· Master’s degree in a technical, health-related, scientific, or public policy/business discipline desirable but not required.
· Technical Certifications are desirable but not required.
· Project Management Certification is desirable but not required.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum five years healthcare related experience.
· Minimum five years progressive, broad-based technical experience.
· Minimum seven years in project management.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Strong interpersonal skills, mature judgment, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with a broad spectrum of people, both individually and in groups.
· Experience with Managed Care.
· Experience working in projects that increase integration among county agencies, health plans and other entities within the participating county or counties that serve high-risk, high-utilizing beneficiaries
· Increase coordination and appropriate access to care for the most vulnerable Medi-Cal beneficiaries
· Improve data collection and sharing amongst local entities to support ongoing case management, monitoring, and strategic program improvements in a sustainable fashion
· Experience working within the Medi-Cal community.
· Information technology skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Extremely well developed organizational and planning skills.
· Strong networking and negotiation skills to ensure positive working relationships with all staff, consultants, development partners, and other stakeholders.
· Ability to positively influence and create buy-in across groups.
· Independent, self-starting, self-motivated performer.
· Customer focused with strong analytical skills.
· Solid problem-solving ability.
· Technical and business process analysis and redesign experience and expertise.
· Ability to work in a multidisciplinary company.
· Proficient experience in use of various computer system software including Windows, Microsoft Word, MS Project, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint.