The Healthcare Analyst is responsible for supporting the data analysis needs of the Alliance. This position requires an understanding of healthcare data (e.g. member, claims, clinical and provider data) and operations coupled with knowledge of data analysis methodology and analytical tools for reporting. The Healthcare Analyst routinely reports to the Manager, Healthcare Analytics as well as interacts with other key management staff.
· Extract and synthesize data; conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
· Generate a quality work product in a timely manner, presentable for content and audience, while maintaining strong attention to detail.
· Manage and prioritize workload while meeting deliverables and expectations.
· Work autonomously and collaboratively with report requestors to define report requirements and validate results.
· Identify operational impact of analytical findings/decision support.
· Work collaboratively across departments to understand and meet the organization’s analytical needs.
· Research and recommend areas for improvement of data quality and reporting.
· Document report processes/logic and engage in department’s documentation efforts to improve knowledge base of team.
· Carry out other projects, activities, etc. as assigned.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor’s degree in a business, health-related, finance, technical or other related field of study.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum one year experience in a managed care, hospital, or similar setting.
· Minimum two years direct work experience in data analytics and data systems.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Knowledge of healthcare principles and data.
· Direct work experience and proficiency with SQL and Excel required.
· Experience with Access, Business Objects or other reporting software.
· Experience in working with relational databases, large data sets and multiple data sources required.
· Experience with validating and auditing data.
· Ability to manage projects, tasks and deadlines.
· Ability to multi-task, effectively manage competing priorities and ambiguity is essential.
· Well organized and detail oriented.
· Ability to gather, read, analyze, and interpret complex data and create accurate meaningful information for data reporting and decision support.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and to be able to successfully relate to people at all levels.
· Able to facilitate meetings, and make presentations before management and staff.