Under administrative supervision, this position performs and assists with all mailroom functions with well-defined and time sensitive assignments, provide coverage for front desk reception such as answering and directs all incoming phone calls, greets and directs visitors and assists for all hospitality set up & preparation for meetings for the Alliance.
1. Perform mail sorting & dissemination of daily incoming mail from USPS, retrieve interoffice mail from various department locations, deliver time sensitive mail to and from departments, assist with all outgoing mail and process in a timely manner and as directed by the Supervisor. Notify staff via email on all incoming packages and mail from USPS as they are delivered by courier.
(40 % of time)
2. Serve as secondary coverage for the front desk reception/support services support breaks and lunch. Serve as initial point of contact for callers and visitors to the Alliance. Operate a multiple line telephone system; Greet member (and potential member) walk-ins, provide them with Member Services questionnaires, answer routine and basic questions, if possible, or notify the Member Services department. Ensure callers and visitors are acknowledged and assisted in a timely manner. Act as the initial gatekeeper/security for all visitors, guests, vendors, and other individuals by greeting and completing visitor orientation per Alliance policy; Contact Alliance individuals appropriately on all incoming guests for meetings; Provide visitor sign-in sheets and or/badges.
(30 % of time)
3. Cross train and assist with all Support Services functions for the Alliance; Accepts or calls for deliveries for catering events and meetings, set-up of refreshments such as water, coffee, supplies as well as clean-up of all conference rooms and common areas for Hospitality at the Alliance.
(20 % of time)
4. Perform routine clerical and administrative support duties as assigned such as mailing/brochures preparation for Facilities/Mailroom, Member Services, Health Education, Marketing, HR, and all Alliance departmental needs as well as adhoc departmental projects or tasks as directed by the Supervisor.
( 5 % of time)
5. Assists Facilities with acceptance of deliveries, packages or incoming vendors, sign off & account for delivery of items and or redirecting vendor to appropriate area or location.
(5 % of time)
Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED
3 years experience with Clerical USPS duties
Special Skills/Certifications/Knowledge Required
Bilingual fluency in Spanish preferred. Requires excellent customer service and hospitality skills, and a professional and business demeanor. Must be a team player and motivated to perform. Must be project/task oriented, be able to perform consistently well on repetitive tasks, multi-task when needed, and demonstrate a strong attention to detail. Ability to use MS Office Suite Outlook and Word.