Under the supervision of the Manager, Development and Data Integration, the Supervisor, QA and Analysis supports the Alliance’s strategic and tactical planning initiatives. This position is responsible for quality assurance (QA), data analysis, operational reporting, standards and policy development and supervision of the QA and Analysis team.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Develop KPIs and dashboards to measure progress of the team.
· Assure team is effective and efficient, meeting the needs of users through the use of appropriate ongoing evaluation systems and professional growth strategies based on best practices to effectively accomplish the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
· Assure issues are fully defined and decisions are made based on all relevant and factual information to determine appropriate action.
· Supervise tasks and deliverable due dates.
· Identify, implement, and maintain solutions to support business goals and objectives.
· Follow best practices when auditing internal reports and all QA.
Perform technical work (automation frameworks – on-premises and Cloud) and provide technical assistance to staff.
Prepare information and support materials for quarterly and annual reports as needed.
Develop new team processes.
Performance testing of Database stored procedures, Web application response, SOA Services and Cloud hosted services is required.
Give presentations on quality improvement initiatives.
· Plan, organize, coordinate, assign, and evaluate the activities of staff; set work priorities.
Supervise, train, and mentor QA and Analysis staff. Provide guidance and work counseling as needed.
· Assist with/and or perform informal and formal evaluations and provide professional growth opportunities.
· Integration of QA Frameworks with Database Technologies- DB2 & Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) - are highly desired.
Assist with/and or recruit, interview, and recommend candidates.
Provide weekly status reports to manager.
Familiarity with on-premises to cloud migration technologies, tools, and processes is highly desired.
Keep abreast of trends and new products to facilitate improvement in their area.
Familiarity with Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) is highly desired.
Work across IT teams & PMO to support operationalization of new tools and software enhancements.
Build and maintain effective working relationships internally and with vendors.
Participate in cross functional team building and career development.
· Recommend and work within defined departmental budget.
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience.
· In-depth knowledge of health care highly desirable.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum three years of hands-on development work experience required.
· Minimum one year of supervisory experience desired.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
Excellent BPM skill set with Agile and Scrum knowledge required.
Advanced SQL server knowledge.
Advanced knowledge of data warehouses, cubes, and architecture.
Experience with source code and change control systems (i.e. TFS).
Experience with Visual Studio, SharePoint Designer, and Visio.
Experience with Performance testing, SOA Services Integration Testing, Cloud Migration testing and Infrastructure bottlenecks
Must be self-directed, organized and possess the ability to quickly adapt to changing processes and environments.
Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities and projects for self and others per deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal and listening skills with clear, concise and professional verbal and written communication skills mandatory, mature judgment, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with a broad spectrum of people, both individually and in groups.
· Strong teamwork skills with the ability to motivate and encourage others.
Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities and projects for self and others on an aggressive timeline.
Ability and willingness to learn.