*** This is a 2 month position***
The ETL Developer Intern will provide development, Quality Assurance (QA), and technical support in developing and maintaining ETL jobs. The ETL Developer Intern will work closely with developers, data architects and analysts in the development, testing, and initial post production support of the ETL programs. Through this work the intern will develop a knowledge of ETL processes in the IT team of a managed healthcare organization.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Build and maintain SQL scripts using Microsoft SQL Server
· Understand and troubleshoot existing database applications
· Analysis, coding, testing and documentation of database applications
· Work closely with members of the Data Integration team
· Participate in collecting and documenting business requirements
· Complete other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Completed at least two years of college education prior to start of internship.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Analytical and creative problem solving abilities
· School and/or work experience with Databases
· Knowledge of (SQL) Structured Query Language
· Ability to successfully work in a team environment
· General knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Experience in use of various computer system software as well as Windows, Visio, MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.