The ideal candidate is an energetic, self-starting, detail-oriented Technical Writer with a proven ability to collaborate and manage tasks independently, and to write high quality technical, functional and non-functional documentations for the intended audience.
Organization expects job performance to be consistent with its vision and mission. Day to day work is focused on these key performance areas. Percentages of time are estimates based upon observation in the position.
1. Work closely with business stakeholders, systems analysts, software developers, project managers, system admins and senior leaders to observe, gather, create and publish documentation on time.
2. Draft, edit, publish and maintain technical documentations that includes functional requirements, current and future process flows, data integration, system design, user interface, workflows, code snippets, Dashboards, error messages, release notes, administrator guides and non-functional requirements
3. Create document management framework and documentation templates that can be leveraged for all SDLC (software development life cycle) deliverables.
4. Review technical information and content prepared by external vendors for accuracy, clarity and consistency.
5. Provide regular updates to manager on project status. Participate in cross-product team alignment meetings, learns from discussions, and incorporate detail into topics.
6. Create use cases, flowcharts, physical/logical diagrams using MS Visio and MS PowerPoint.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
3 – 5 years
Special Skills/Certifications/Knowledge Required.
· Proven experience in technical documentation of software, including documentation architecture, design and maintenance
· Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and translate them into clear and concise documentation
· Ability to understand and meet end users’ needs
· Experience in working with business and IT teams to document workflows and system flow.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing,
· Flexibility and ability to manage priorities,
· Experience with XML authoring tools, Vision, Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse IDEs