Under supervision of the Manager Financial Planning Analysis, Healthcare, the Senior Analyst - Healthcare is responsible for analyzing financial and operational performance by providing advanced financial analysis of healthcare revenue and expense.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Conduct financial data analyses involving a wide range of issues.
· Generate reports and analyses from data sources which require a complex understanding of the company’s information systems.
· Participate in the data gathering, report development and reconciliation to financials for the annual Medi-Cal bid, operating budget and quarterly forecasts.
· Develop and document a monthly routine of IBNP pre and post process functions, reports, analyses, and quarterly reviews.
· Perform reconciliations, budget variance and trend analyses as needed.
· Participate in data gathering, reporting and analysis for data requests from external regulatory entities.
· Other documentation of FP&A processes as needed.
· Assist with preparation of supporting schedules and analysis for annual financial and regulatory audits.
· Support provider network contract negotiations through various financial analyses.
· Identify and provide solutions for data integrity issues. Work with operational departments and Information Technology to ensure data consistency and accuracy.
· Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager, Planning and Analysis, Healthcare.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Consult with managers, IT and employee users.
· Systematic review, problem solving, design and implementation of financial data systems and reports.
· Data gathering from diverse systems.
· Data analysis and report preparation.
· Guide integrating findings into financial operations.
· Comply with the organization’s Code of Conduct, regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures and internal controls.
· Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
· Constant sitting and working at desk.
· Constant data entry using keyboard and/or mouse.
· Frequent use of telephone headset.
· Constant verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence or in person.
· Frequent lifting of folders and other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lbs.
· Periodic walking and standing.
Occasional driving of automobiles.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration, Healthcare, Accounting, Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· 3 years’ experience analyzing complex data and creating management information for financial reporting and decision support.
· 1 years’ experience analyzing healthcare expense in an insurance or health plan setting preferred. This includes an understanding of the concepts: of capitation, fee-for-service and medical expense coding.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Ability to manage projects effectively and efficiently and provide leadership.
· Proficient understanding of healthcare and/or insurance industry. Know the general business processes in healthcare and how they affect an organization. Understand some of the regulatory requirements for HMOs.
· Well organized and detail oriented.
· Ability to understand data and industry nuances.
· Experience using Business Objects or similar OLAP tool.
· Advanced experience in use of MS Office products including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint and Outlook.
· A good understanding of MS-SQL language.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to successfully relate to people at all levels.
· Facilitate meetings and give presentations before management and staff.
· Gather, read, analyze and interpret data complexities to develop accurate meaningful financial information for reporting and decision support.
· Plan and complete tasks timely to a high standard.
· Effectively manage competing priorities.