Under general supervision, but according to established procedures, this position will assist in the implementation and support of the Alliance’s IT systems communications networks (Local Area Network [LAN]). This position provides guidance for personal computer hardware and software configurations as well as technical support for Alliance approved applications including remote communication, LANs, and PCs to host computer connectivity. Additional responsibilities include functioning as first level support for the IT Service Desk by responding to and addressing all calls for assistance with computer problems and maintaining the physical security and operating environment of the Data Center.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Provide first-level telephone support for all computer users.
· Follow the established procedures for call escalation.
· Create, document, and edit knowledge base articles related to supporting our network and desktop systems, i.e., documenting of workstation and printer configuration.
· Configure and setup new computer workstations and phones for employees.
· Troubleshoot workstation configuration problems and document solutions.
· Upgrade software and hardware whenever necessary.
· Perform user training as necessary.
· Ability to manage and support multiple applications and systems
· Manage tickets in ticketing queue
· Provide On-Call After-hour support
· Provide Audio / Video /Telecom Conference Room support
· Responsible for monitoring system backups as well as monitor system capacity and performance.
· Assist and/or collaborate with the Technical Support team in the performance of server or network support to the enterprise.
· Assist with installing the latest releases, upgrades, and patches to network operating systems.
· Provide feedback to the Technical Support team and other IT staff regarding abnormal types or volumes of service desk calls and server related problems.
· Maintain Critical Incident Process
· Participate in all application and hardware testing.
· Ensure availability of applications and network to users.
· Troubleshoot operational problems.
· Provide support for phone configuration, user additions, and changes.
· Ensure data security.
· Protect servers and desktops from viruses.
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Technical job knowledge: Performing computer related activities.
· Communications: Preparing written and written reports and documentation related key information services.
· Teambuilding: Working with internal and external customers to build integrated multi-disciplined teams.
· Compliance: Complying with the organization’s Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
· Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
· Constant sitting and working at desk.
· Constant data entry using keyboard and/or mouse.
· Constant use of telephone headset.
· Constant verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
· Frequent lifting of folders and various other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lbs.
· Frequent walking and standing.
· Occasional driving of automobiles.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or or equivalent experience in related field.
· A+ Certification preferred
· Network + Certification preferred
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· 3 years demonstrated professional experience in the information technology field.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Analytical and problem solving skills required.
· Excellent customer service skills required.
· 2-4 years’ experience and knowledge of Active Directory, Windows 7/10desktop operating systems, different system backup strategies and computer imaging applications.
· Ability to work in a multidisciplinary company.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy required to interact effectively with a broad spectrum of people, both individually and in groups.
· Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
· Ability to maintain professional demeanor under stress.
· Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls.
· Demonstrated strong listening skills.
· Quick learner capable of being productive.