Under the supervision of the Controller, the Assistant Controller is responsible for overseeing all general and revenue accounting including the review of financial solvency reports of all delegates.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Manage general accounting and revenue accounting.
· Oversight of proper reconciliation of all G/L accounts and integrity of financial statements.
· Perform reconciliations, budget variance and trend analyses as needed.
· Confirming proper treatment and compliance of all accounting transactions under US GAAP.
· Supervise and assist in creation of monthly Board of Governors and CEO financial packages.
· Implement and monitor all corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls.
· Responsible for timely reporting and compliance of financial information and reporting.
· Coordinate withinternal and external auditors for various Finance activities related to internal controls, compliance and financial reporting.
· Quarterly and Annual analysis of delegates’ financial solvency.
· Participate in reporting and analysis for data requests from external regulatory entities.
· Provide leadership and training in various aspects of accounting to staff.
· Complete other duties and projects as assigned by the CFO and Controller.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Ability to work with executives, managers and staff within all departments.
· Analytical review, problem solving and implementation of financial processes and reports.
· Ability to prepare US GAAP financial reports.
· Ability to identify areas and make recommendations for improvements on existing processes.
· Ability to influence, train and mentor staff to achieve objectives.
· A strong work ethic and the energy to be committed to multi-faceted environment.
· Comply with the organization’s Code of Conduct, regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures and internal controls.
· Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
· Constant sitting and working at desk.
· Data entry using keyboard and/or mouse.
· Frequent use of telephone headset.
· Constant verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence or in person.
· Frequent lifting of folders and other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lbs.
· Periodic walking and standing.
· Occasional driving of automobiles.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
· Certified Public Accountant (a plus)
YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 3-5 years of related accounting and finance experience in a mid-sized company and preferably healthcare and/or insurance industry.
· Minimum of 1-2 years audit with a public accounting firm.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Hands-on experience in managing general accounting and complicated revenue structure.
· Current knowledge and experience with various accounting standards, principles and pronouncements.
· Ability to manage projects effectively and efficiently and provide leadership.
· Proficient understanding of healthcare and/or insurance industry. Good grasp of the general business processes in healthcare and how these processes affect an organization. Understand some of the regulatory requirements for a managed care organization..
· Well organized with ability to be hands-on and detail oriented.
· Experience using financial system/ERP (Microsoft Dynamics SL a plus).
· Advanced experience in use of MS Office products including MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to successfully relate to people at all levels.
· Facilitate meetings and give presentations before management and staff.
· Gather, read, analyze and interpret data complexities to develop accurate meaningful financial information for reporting and decision support.
· Plan and complete tasks timely to a high standard.
· Effectively manage competing priorities.
$110,000 - $177,290/annually