The Provider Data QA Specialist is responsible for a wide range of data processing, data entry, quality assurance tasks, as well as auditing of staffs’ data entry assignments. The Data Specialist also assists in the development and implementation of database changes and improvements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Organization expects job performance to be consistent with its vision and mission. Day to day work is focused on these key performance areas. Percentages of time are estimates based upon observation in the position.
1. Audit data entry from Data Entry Coordinators on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality in the Alliance’s systems. To include but not limited to: service requests, rosters, FF 274, PNFs, FNFs and any regulatory corrections that need to be made. (40% of time)
2. Perform data analyses of key problem areas to assist in root cause analysis and perform data reconciliations to identify data anomalies. Collect quality findings and provide analyses and summaries as needed to Supervisor. Collaborate with entire Data team to identify staff training and development needs for improved performance. Support continuous improvement of Data team effectiveness. (20% of time)
3. Train Data staff as necessary on data operational activities and create necessary training materials. Assist in the coaching of staff towards meeting and exceeding performance expectations. (20% of time)
4. Assist in implementation, testing and validating database and software systems. Escalate data issues needing process re-engineering and assist with ongoing data architecture processes. (10% of time)
5. Execute regular data entry transaction processes. (10% of time)
6. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience.
2 years data entry experience is required with 1 year experience of quality assurance and auditing data entry assignments. This position also requires 1 year experience working in a managed care environment. Bachelor’s degree and Alameda Alliance for Health internal process experience is a plus.
$24.56 - $36.84/hour