Under general supervision of the IT Infrastructure Manager, but according to established procedures, the Service Desk Coordinator will assist in the implementation and support of the company’s IT systems. This position provides technical support for Alameda Alliance for Health approved applications including remote communication, LANs and PCs to host computer connectivity and provides guidance for personal computer hardware and software configurations.
Additional responsibilities include; functioning as first level support for the Information Technology Service Desk. Maintain and manage hardware and software inventory.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Perform administration functions including basic computer troubleshooting along with employee moves, additions, and changes.
· Ensure an accurate account of all IT hardware and software inventory
· Maintain the organization of all hardware and software inventory.
· Process and maintain purchase orders
· Maintain a good working relationship with vendors and external partners.
· Provide first level telephone and email support for all computer users. Follow the procedures for escalation to second and/or third level support.
· Perform basic tasks such as report printing, call logging and tracking to resolution.
· Maintain operational documentation including but, not limited to assisting with the development of operations and Service Desk procedures and record keeping regarding problem logs, Service Desk calls, and all other tracking of computer operations tasks.
· Create, document, and edit knowledge base articles related to supporting the Alliance’s network and desktop systems, i.e., documenting of workstation and printer configuration.
· Perform user training as necessary.
· Assist with the processing of internal/external data for uploading and updating the different FTP Accounts.
· Process reports and other forms of output (i.e., labels) from internal/external sources on a scheduled basis.
· Escalate field requests from users and triage or redirect problems to the appropriate IT personnel.
· Provide support for phone configuration, user adds, and changes.
· Work with other IT staff and processes as needed.
· Provide after hours on-call support on a rotational basis.
· Travel to remote office as needed for support.(Local)
· Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Technical job knowledge: Performing computer related activities.
· Communications: Preparing written and written reports and documentation related key information services.
· Teambuilding: Working with internal and external customers to build integrated multi-disciplined teams.
· Compliance: Complying with the organization’s Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
· Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
· Constant sitting and working at desk.
· Constant data entry using keyboard and/or mouse.
· Frequent use of telephone headset.
· Frequent verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
· Frequent lifting of folders and various other objects weighing between 0 and 50 lbs.
· Frequent walking and standing.
· Occasional driving of automobiles.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· High school diploma.
· An associate degree in network systems, programming, or related field preferred.
· A+ certification preferred.
· Network+ preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum two years computer operations experience.
· Minimum three years experience with direct customer support in a technical environment is preferred.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Experience using a ticketing system such as ZenDesk, Service Center, Remedy, TrackIT etc. for tracking incident and change management.
· Problem solving skills required.
· Knowledge of basic networking fundamentals and pc hardware and peripherals.
· Working knowledge of Windows 7/10 and other desktop operating systems.
· Experience in use and support of various software programs including Microsoft Office and web applications.
· Strong interpersonal skills, judgment and diplomacy required to interact effectively with a broad spectrum of people, both individually and in groups.
· Ability to balance SLAs vs. frequently changing priorities and tasks.
· Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.