Under the direction of the Manager – Vendor Management, the Vendor Management Analyst supports the Vendor Management and Compliance staff in the effective acquisition and divesting of vendors, and monitoring and optimizing vendor value.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Managing relationships with specific vendors
· Monitoring and analyzing vendor performance in order to assure compliance with service level agreements and continuous improvement of the service
· Assisting in organizing and executing vendor audits (quarterly, annually – as appropriate)
· Assisting with the Request For Proposal (RFP) and Request For Information (RFI) processes for new service providers
· Maintaining the library of departmental processes, forms and templates
· Completing other special projects and duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Communicating effectively and efficiently internally and externally
· Writing, reporting, researching, administration, and analysis
· Developing and occasionally delivering presentations for individuals and groups.
· Leading and participating in internal and external committees and meetings.
· Complying with the organization’s Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
· Project management.
· Meet deadlines and adjust to changes in policies, procedures, and priorities
· Constant and close visual work at desk or computer
· Constant sitting and working at desk
· Constant data entry using keyboard and/or mouse
· Frequent use of telephone headset
· Frequent verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person
· Frequent lifting of folders and various other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lbs
· Frequent walking and standing
· Occasional driving of automobiles.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required
· Familiarity with managed care and publicly funded health programs (Medicare, Medi-Cal) preferred
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Two years related work experience
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Strong analytical and mathematic abilities, and business acumen.
· Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated flexibility, and ability to adjust to changes in policies, procedures and priorities.
· Familiarity with audit and compliance processes.
· Ability to work in a team environment, resolve problems independently, inform management of all issues and work with a sense of urgency while maintaining close attention to detail.
· Experience with performance measurement and assessment.
· Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Experience in use of computer system software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to work independently is critical.
· Diplomatic and customer service focused, able to manage key stakeholders in positive, poised and effective manner.
· Ability and willingness to take initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements.
· Ability to interface with senior management and translate complex issues into project plans with deliverables and measurable outcomes.