The Director, Applications Mangement is responsible for the implementation, integration, upgrades, maintenance, and improvement of all applications that support the Alliance’s enterprise systems including claims, provider and care management platforms. This position is responsible for the systematic process of identifying issues, analysis and reporting, planning and development, configuration, and training of end users to ensure standardized best practices and data integrity.
The Director, Applications Management is responsible for information service management and control, including supervision of employees and contractors as well as technology reviews and recommendations, vendor services management for area of responsibility as appropriate, budget preparation and management, recommendations for technical acquisitions, and the development of guidelines, standards and procedures. The Director, Applications Management & Configuration is responsible for planning and implementation of technologies in this area of responsibility, tactical actions, operational decision-making and long-term strategy. The Director must possess initiative and drive, have broad relevant technical knowledge with demonstrated management expertise and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Collaborate with IT leadership and various teams in evolving vision for implementation and on-going maintenance/changes of software systems and functionality.
· Manage teams responsible for analyzing business requirements needed to carry out care and utilization management programs.
· Develop and maintain metrics to assess system and data integrity.
· Budget, track and forecast spend; evaluate new technologies and software integration.
· Manage licensing, products and services for area of responsibility.
· Effectively manage vendor relationship and contact services.
· Lead the hiring, development and organization of an enthusiastic team of application professionals.
· Maintains proactive relationships with cross functional teams, internal and external stakeholders.
· Prioritize and schedule work load, measure quality of services and validate business satisfaction levels.
· Ensure that all regulatory compliance measures related to assigned software products are adhered to.
· Perform other duties and special projects as assigned to meet organizational needs and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Hiring, training, and supervising staff.
· Managing vendors.
· Anticipating future requirements and develop recommendations and proposals.
· Preparing written and oral reports and documentation effectively and efficiently internally and externally.
· Preparing project plans, task lists, timelines, and resource assignments.
· Writing, reporting, administration, and analysis.
· Making oral presentations.
· Preparing budgets and managing cost.
· Leading and participating in internal and external committees and meetings.
· Complying with the organization’s Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
· Manage enterprise application implementation, configuration, and support including:
o Claims system
o Case Management & Utilization Management System
o Provider & Member Portals
o Workflow management
· Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
· Constant sitting and working at desk.
· Constant data entry using keyboard and/or mouse.
· Frequent use of telephone headset.
· Constant verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
· Frequent lifting of folders and other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lbs.
· Frequent walking and standing.
· Occasional driving of automobiles.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum ten years progressive experience in Information Technology.
· Minimum five years of experience in the healthcare industry.
· Minimum four years of experience in a management role with direct reports.
· Familiarity with managed healthcare systems.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Working knowledge of healthcare industry.
· Experience with provider based claims & care management platform
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to build, coach and lead a team.
· Strong collaboration style to ensure engagement of team.
· A solid technical foundation, flexibility, ability and a passion for seeking and learning new technologies and ability to lead or participate in varied projects and teams.
· Skills in project management, network and data center operations, cloud or hosted services, knowledge of information and systems security applicable within your domain.
· Ability to participate in the development of policies, define and implement procedures and controls supporting policies.
· A strong leader who is proactive in seeking and driving high efficiency and quality with measurable results.
· Ability to lead effectively with cross-functional teams as well as with third party service providers and vendors.
· Strong understanding of leveraging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
· Proficient command of Microsoft Office applications: PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio, Outlook, and Word.
$156,312 - $234,468/annually