Analyze, design, implement and maintain Alameda Alliance for Health’s ETL programs. The Senior ETL Developer works with the ETL Supervisor and ETL team in accelerated development and deployment of health care ETL, EDI and proprietary interfaces. Working closely with developers, a data architect, analysts, and business users, the Sr. ETL Developer is challenged with implementing robust, reuseable development for SSIS and ETL packages.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Provide support to IT management with developing and implementing a comprehensive ETL & EDI strategy.
· Create and manage SSIS packages, ETL packages, triggers, stored procedures, views, SQL transactions.
· Develop new secure data feeds with external parties as well as internal applications including the data warehouse and business intelligence applications.
· Maintain and enhance key Alameda Alliance systems including the Pre-Processor, Provider Not Found and Member Not Found interfaces.
· Perform analysis and QA.
· Lead SQL and SSIS programming initiatives.
· Work to train key IT Staff on advanced SSIS, SQL, XML (x12) and EDI techniques and design patterns.
· Diagnose ETL and database related issues, perform root cause analysis, and recommend corrective actions to management.
· Work with a project team to support the design, development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of new ETL programs.
· Complete other related duties and special projects as assigned by IT management.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
· Professional experience in a health care setting is highly desirable and a definite plus.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum five years experience in ETL programming utilizing SSIS packages, DTS, stored procedures, Informatica, Pentaho and SQL scripts desired.
· Minimum seven years demonstrated professional experience in IT development and support roles with at least 4 years of direct ETL experience.
· At least 3 years of building EDI file sets including data extraction/consumption and data loading from/to EDI file sets.
· Experience working with Healthcare-related EDI files (834, 835, 837, etc.)
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
· Experience in SSIS package versions 2008R2/2012.
· Working knowledge of Visual Basic/.NET programming is required.
· Working knowledge of the health care industry EDI transaction sets including the 5010 file layouts.
· Experience moving, manipulating, and integrating data between disparate systems is required.
· Familiarity and experience working in a Unix-based system including the ability to read and perform basic maintenance on shell scripts.
· Experience with Automate tools a plus.
$102,770 - $154,150/annually