Under supervison from the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, the Senior Data Analyst, Healthcare Finance is responsible for analyzing financial and operational performance by providing advanced financial analysis of healthcare revenue and healthcare expense using various ad hoc reporting tools.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Conduct financial and operational analyses involving a wide range of activities including but not limited to data extraction, the generation of reports and analyses, and verifying data quality from data sources. This job requires substantial and complex use of the company’s information systems.
· Write and execute SQL queries for the purposes of Medical Expense Reporting, DHCS data requests as well as other reporting and analysis functions.
· Identify and provide solutions for issues related to data integrity. Work with operational departments and Information Technology to ensure data consistency and accuracy.
· Responsible for reinsurance processes; submission of claims and processing of recoveries.
· Participate in implemention of future phases or upgrades next phase of Planning and Budgeting system.
· Represent Finance department requirements for accounting system interfaces and data warehouse design.
· Communicate with InformationTechnolgy and act as a liaison between user business requirements and technical activities.
· Understand and apply project management and system design techniques.
· Develop assumptions and model various financial scenarios.
· Perform reconciliations, variance analyses and trend analyses.
· Document data flows and logic. Engage in department’s cross-training efforts to improve knowledge base of the FP&A team.
· Complete other duties as assigned by the Director, Planning and Analysis, Senior Management and FP&A Managers.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· B.S. in Business Administration, Accounting, Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Three years’ experience analyzing complex data and creating management information for financial reporting and decision support.
· Three years’ experience analyzing healthcare expense in an insurance or health plan setting.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Proficient understanding of the software development life cycle.
· Ability to manage projects effectively and efficiently and provide leadership.
· Proficient understanding of healthcare and/or insurance industry. Know the general business processes in healthcare and how they affect an organization. Understand some of the regulatory requirements for HMOs.
· Well organized, detail oriented, and experienced in maintaining a complex, automated financial system required.
· Ability to create documents that describe systems and processes.
· Experience using Business Objects or similar OLAP tool.
· Advanced experience in use of MS Office products including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint Outlook
$77,710 - $116,570/annually