The Senior Healthcare Analyst is responsible for supporting the analytic needs of the Alliance. This position requires an in-depth understanding of healthcare data (e.g. member, claims, clinical and provider data) and operations coupled with an extensive knowledge of large data set development, quantitative data analysis methodology and analytical tools for reporting. The Senior Healthcare Analyst, reporting to the Director, Healthcare Analytics, routinely supports business decisions and operational processes and frequently interacts with other key management staff.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Develop complex end-to-end reporting processes to support a variety of functions.
· Lead special projects, lending data expertise and actionable insights. Examples include operational, data warehouse, and third party projects.
· Identify and support areas of analytical focus for the organization’s service delivery/performance and evaluation of potential areas of opportunity and risk.
· Identify and communicate operational impact of analytical findings/decision support.
· Create data sets, extract and synthesize data; conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
· Develop exception reporting and conduct drill-down analysis to proactively identify specific variances in medical costs and utilization.
· Generate a quality work product, presentable for content and audience, in a timely manner while maintaining strong attention to detail.
· Manage and prioritize workload while meeting deliverables and expectations.
· Work autonomously and collaboratively with report requestors, providing guidance to define report requirements and validate results
· Work collaboratively across departments to understand and meet the organization’s analytic needs.
· Research and recommend areas for improvement of data quality and reporting.
· Document report processes/logic and actively engage in department’s documentation efforts to improve knowledge base of team.
· Carry out other projects, activities, etc. as assigned.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor’s degree in a business, health related, financial, technical or other related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum three years of experience in a managed care, hospital, or similar setting.
· Minimum three years of experience in data systems.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· In-depth knowledge of healthcare principles and data.
· Strong technical skills.
· SQL, Access, Excel and reporting software knowledge required.
· Experience in working with relational databases, large data sets and multiple data sources required.
· Experience with validating and auditing data.
· Experience with Business Objects, PowerPoint, and healthcare transactional systems preferred.
· Ability to manage projects, tasks, and deadlines.
· Ability to multi-task, effectively manage competing priorities and ambiguity is essential.
· Well organized and detail oriented.
· Exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Ability to gather, read, analyze, and interpret complex data and create accurate meaningful information for data reporting and decision support.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and to be able to successfully relate to internal and external customers of all levels.
· Ability to facilitate meetings and make presentations before management and staff.
$77,710 - $116,570/annually