The Senior Infrastructure Engineer, position is one of the Alameda Alliance for Health (Alliance)’s most senior technical advisor roles focusing on the Network that provides strategic planning, technology evaluations and recommendations to the leadership team for new technologies and network applications. This role interfaces with internal customers and vendors to evaluate, design, and implement new solutions to meet business needs of the company now and into the future
Principal responsibilities include:
·Evaluate Network technologies that can improve performance and stability of the Network.
·Design, build, test, and deploy network hardware and software to support the organization.
·Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and CAPEX development work in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of the core data networks.
·Ensure that network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required both internal and external.
· Maintain consistent safe-harbor code on all network devices and make necessary upgrades to support security features such as Secure Shell authentication.
· Assure the network can support the DR and Business Continuity requirements of the business
·Maintain and manage both wired and wireless networks, keeping the environment up to date with necessary code and architectural changes
· Provide technical expertise to the organization to develop new product strategies and enhance existing product sets.
· Maintain the highest level of professional accountability.
· Participate in both internal and external audits involving data integration.
· Complete projects and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Consult with vendors, IT staff, and employees.
· Systematic review, problem solving, and design of data systems and reports.
· Perform writing, reporting, administration, and data analysis.
· Provide best practices and technical guidance.
· Develop and maintain Network Standards related to Hardware, Software, and code upgrades
· Develop ongoing training for team members on the network environment
· Mentor team members in the area of Networking technology
·Comply with the organization’s Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
· Interface with team members on new system and system upgrades to ensure Network requirements are understood and implemented meeting AAH Standards
· Configuration and maintenance of all AAH switches, router, firewall, and wireless technologies
·Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
·Constant sitting and working at desk.
·Constant data entry using keyboard and/or mouse.
·Frequent use of telephone headset.
·Constant verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
·Frequent lifting of folders and other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lbs.
· Frequent walking and standing.
· Occasional driving of automobiles.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor’s degree in a health-related, scientific, or public policy/business discipline.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum seven years of experience in network administration.
· Experience in health care or health care IT preferred.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Cisco professional level certification required (CCNP, CCDP).
·Cisco expert level certification preferred (CCIE, CCDE).
·Network Security and Solar Winds Orion experience preferred.
· Understanding of VMware with a focus on distributed switches and other advanced networking features within VMware.
· Ability to mentor network team on best practices and provide technical guidance.
· Ability to work alone as an individual contributor, situational technical lead and participant in team environment.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong technical writing skills.
· Excellent organization and time management skills.
· Experience in business analysis or healthcare analysis.
· Experience with validating and auditing data and data sets.
· Ability to manage projects and provide leadership.
• Well organized, detail oriented, and experienced in maintaining a complex, automated data system required.
$110,000 - $177,290/annually