The Program Manager / Senior IT Project Manager will operate under the direction of the Project Management Office and will be responsible for providing program development and management for our Health Home and Whole Person Care inititatives. The duties for the Health Home/Whole Person Care Program Manager position include increasing integration among agencies, providers, and other entities and developing an infrastructure that will improve local collaboration among the entities participating in the Health Home / Whole Person Care pilot program over the long term. This program will strive to increase coordination and appropriate access to care for the most vulnerable Medi-Cal beneficiaries. Goals of the program include securing safe housing for each client, reducing inappropriate emergency department and inpatient utilization, and improving data collection and sharing among local entities. In addition to the new program the applicant will also manage projects within the Information Technology space. This may include development, infrastructure, network, database, telecommunications, processes and interaction with stakeholder groups within the Alliance. These technical projects may have components of healthcare operations including claims, membership, compliance, contract and procurement activities, various federal, state and local regulations, and internal policy and/or procedural business process requirements. This position also assists with directing the short and long term planning, control and monitoring of project scheduling and implementation.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Plan, organize, manage, and coordinate the programmatic, administrative, and operational activities in support of assigned and multiple program areas.
· Work with other stakeholders within the organization and Alameda community to build and rollout the Alliance programs.
· Evaluate program operations and activities in terms of over-all effectiveness and compliance; implement improvements and modifications as necessary; and adjust over-all goals and objectives in response to program directives and/or client needs.
· Responsible for the development and management of project documentation from planning through final project implementation.
· Oversee and administer contracts for service/care providers in the implementation of assigned client services/program areas; review and evaluate quality of service and contract compliance; respond to inquiries and trouble-shoot complaints; and represent AAH Health Home and Whole Person Care program to contractors, vendors, other agencies and the community.
· Report significant issues in a timely manner to the PMO Director, Program Sponsor and all other project stakeholders.
· Collaborate with other work units, agencies and County partners to secure advice, resources, and technical services necessary to achieve Health Home / Whole Person Care goals, objectives, and directives in accordance with mutually agreed upon time frames and in compliance with pertinent guidelines and regulations.
·Facilitate or attend project-related meetings, maintain minutes, and record any outstanding issues.
· Develop, implement, and manage clinical, administrative, and operational systems and processes to maximize the effectiveness and responsiveness of the Health Home / Whole Person Care Program; act as professional and managerial resource to program staff, project teams, and clients in a positive and supportive manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Program development and management experience.
· Ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholder groups.
· Technical knowledge at the level required to understand and interact with Information Technology staff, leadership and vendors.
· Writing, reporting, administration, and analysis.
· Project management: Preparing project plans, task lists, timelines, resource assignments, and related budgets. Tracking projects and working with other staff to assure on time and on budget completion.
· Communicating effectively and efficiently internally within information technology and externally to the business organization and external partners.
· Making oral presentations.
· Leading and participating in internal and external committees and meetings.
· Customer service: Building and maintaining working relationships with key personnel in Information Technology and other departments.
· Complying with the organization’s Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
· Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
· Constant sitting and working at desk.
· Constant data entry using keyboard and/or mouse.
· Frequent use of telephone headset.
· Frequent verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
· Frequent lifting of folders and various other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lbs.
· Frequent walking and standing.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor’s degree in a public policy/business, health-related, scientific, or technical discipline required.
· Master’s degree in a technical, health-related, scientific, or public policy/business discipline desirable but not required.
· Technical Certifications are desirable but not required.
· Project Management Certification is desirable but not required.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum five years’ healthcare related experience.
· Minimum five years progressive, broad-based technical experience.
· Minimum seven years in project management.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Strong interpersonal skills, mature judgment, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with a broad spectrum of people, both individually and in groups.
· Experience with Managed Care.
· Experience working in projects that increase integration among county agencies, health plans and other entities within the participating county or counties that serve high-risk, high-utilizing beneficiaries
· Increase coordination and appropriate access to care for the most vulnerable Medi-Cal beneficiaries
· Improve data collection and sharing amongst local entities to support ongoing case management, monitoring, and strategic program improvements in a sustainable fashion
· Experience working within the Medi-Cal community.
· Information technology skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Extremely well developed organizational and planning skills.
· Strong networking and negotiation skills to ensure positive working relationships with all staff, consultants, development partners, and other stakeholders.
· Ability to positively influence and create buy-in across groups.
· Independent, self-starting, self-motivated performer.
· Customer focused with strong analytical skills.
· Solid problem-solving ability.
· Technical and business process analysis and redesign experience and expertise.
· Ability to work in a multidisciplinary company.
· Proficient experience in use of various computer system software including Windows, Microsoft Word, MS Project, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
$102,770 - $154,150/annually