Under the direct supervision of the Claims Processing Supervisor and the general direction of the Manager, Claims Production, this position is responsible for the accurate review, entry and processing of all claims received for payment by AAH.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Research claims for completion and appropriateness.
· Review and handle rejected claims as necessary.
· Evaluate HealthSuite error screen and base payment determination using AAH claims processing guidelines.
· Utilize Claims Department policies & procedures, workflows and manuals to meet Departmental production and quality metrics.
· Routinely exceed established Departmental individual production standards and collaborate with other Claims staff to ensure departmental compliance targets are met.
· Meet or exceed a financial standard of 98% and a procedural accuracy standard of 97%.
· Review routine and moderately complex claims and edits to determine the appropriate handling for each including paying, denying or suspending for Claims Processor III or Supervisor review.
· Manually price claims as needed.
· Communicate identified issues with claims and claims processes to Supervisor or Manager.
· Actively participate and collaborate with entire department to continuously improve workflows and performance.
· Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Process claims of a routine and more complex type using the claims processing system.
· Review and analyze claims for routing to appropriate queues for resolution.
· Routinely exceed Departmental performance and quality metrics.
· Comply with AAH’s Code of Conduct, and all regulatory requirements.
· Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
· Constant sitting and working at desk.
· Constant data entry using keyboard and/or mouse.
· Constant verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
· Frequent lifting of folders and other objects weighing between 0 and 20 lbs.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
· 1-2 years’ experience as a medical claims processor, meeting or exceeding production and quality standards.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10 and revenue codes.
· Knowledge of CMS1500 and UB04 forms and fields.
· Experience with processing Medi-Cal or Medicaid program claims preferred.
· Experience in RAM HealthSuite a plus.
· Ability to work in cooperation with others.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and balance priorities.
· Experience in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel).
$18.57 - $27.86