Under the general direction of the Manager of Community Relations, the Outreach Coordinator is responsible for supporting the implemention and coordination of the Alliance’s outreach objectives. This position is responsible for building a positive presence of the Alliance in the community. The Outreach Coordinator works actively in the community, serving as a representative of the Alliance to members, providers and other community stakeholders.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Participate in community events as representatives of the Alliance to strengthen the presence of the Alliance within our local community and stakeholder groups, and as needed, outside of regular business hours.
· Follow established guidelines and schedules, maintain team and individual workflow processes to meet individual and department performance standards.
· Work collaboratively with the Community Relations Manager to staff community outreach events outside of regular business hours.
· Establish and maintain relationships with community stakeholders and partners.
· Conduct 1:1 presentations with community stakeholders.
· Conduct group presentations for community groups.
· Identify and schedule community meetings and event opportunities.
· Provide information at New Member Orientations, fairs, and regularly scheduled community events.
· Identify new outreach opportunities among the member demographic.
· Follow prepared scripts and talking points to give program and benefit information.
· Advise management of any questions or concerns raised by members or community stakeholders.
· Document, code and track all contacts and follow-up actions regarding activities in accordance with established guidelines.
· As directed, assist management staff in completion of special projects; perform other job-related duties as assigned and required.
· Attend, and actively participate in, Member Advisory Committee meetings.
· Promote the Member’s Rights and Responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Conduct outreach efforts, presentations, and meetings which may require working outside regular business hours.
· Professionally represent the Alliance in the community.
· Develop and maintain effective professional relationships with local community and stakeholder groups.
· Complete various administrative functions.
· Comply with the organization’s Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
· Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
· Constant sitting and working at desk.
· Frequent use of telephone headset.
· Constant verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
· Frequent lifting of folders and other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lbs.
· Frequent walking and standing.
· Occasional driving of automobiles.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor’s degree or three years work experience in community outreach, Medi-Cal or Medicare customer service, public agency or customer service work in a call center/office equivalent(s) in a health care setting.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· The ability to speak, write, read and understand-bilingual: Spanish/English, Mandarin or Cantonese/English, Vietnamese/English are required as designated.
· Possession of a valid California driver’s license and auto liability insurance required.
· Team oriented with positive attitude.
· Excellent oral communication skills and the ability to target key messages to audiences.
· Desire to work with low-income, at-risk and underserved populations.
· Self-directed with proven ability to work independently and as part of a team with some supervision, able to exercise judgment and make decisions appropriate for the scope of the position, meet critical deadlines; follow up on assignments; handle multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrate flexible nature.
· Ability to handle multiple projects and balance competing priorities.
· Ability to plan and execute projects independently.
· Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the healthcare field.
· Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
· Well organized and detail oriented.
· Must be flexible with schedule, including weekends.
· Proficient computer application competency, including Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook). Experience with MS Publisher preferred.
$21.36 - $33.65/hour