Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) is responsible for leadership of the organization’s technology voice and data infrastructure, application development, operations, strategy and enterprise security. This position is responsible for the development of a clear vision, strategic objectives, policies, and action to support the business needs of the organization. Responsibilities include strategy development, planning, execution, and maintenance of solutions to business and data needs across the enterprise. The CIO will work as a seasoned executive with team members to develop or enhance business relationship that improve technology-enabled capabilities.
Principal responsiblities include:
· Serves as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the Alliance’s resources are used responsibly.
· Ensures the security of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment.
· Advises the Board of Governors and CEO on technology solutions that support the mission, vision, values, and strategic plan for the Alliance.
· Evaluates new technologies, processes, and methods to ensure alignment with best practices in technology infrastructure, information security, and system operations.
· Periodically reviews and aligns technology strategy with business leaders.
· Develops strategic plans and implements the objectives relating to the information technology needs of the company to ensure the capabilities are responsive to the needs of the company's growth and objectives.
· Develops and regularly reviews policies and procedures for the department.
· Evaluates overall operations of information technology functions and recommends enhancements.
· Plans, evaluates, and recommends the purchase, replacement and upgrade of hardware, software and voice/data telecommunications components to ensure high availability.
· Determines staffing requirements, recruits, hires, and trains staff in a manner that encourages and maintains diversity and cultural competence. Establishes work plans and priorities for staff members, assess the progress of staff members and take corrective action as needed. Conducts performance reviews for staff members.
· Prepares enterprise objectives and budgets to facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information.
· Interacts with managers on internal and external operations that are impacted by the capturing, storing, processing and dissemination of information.
· Oversees the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
· Develops and implements timely solutions to support enterprise disaster recovery procedures.
· Establishes and implements short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
· Networks with industry peers and key individuals in regulatory agencies to anticipate changes to organizational direction direction and requirements.
· Serves on ad-hoc committees.
· Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Directs information technology departments including application management, application development, project management, infrastructure, and security.
· Supervises information technology systems, operations, and department staff.
· Makes presentations for proposals, forecasts, and budget performance.
· Negotiates contracts with vendors for services and products.
· Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
· Constant sitting and working at desk.
· Frequent verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
· Frequent lifting of folders, files, binders and other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lbs.
· Frequent walking and standing.
· Occasional driving of automobiles.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred but not required.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum fifteen years of demonstrated professional experience in the information technology field involving system design, planning, and installation experience or information systems field.
· Minimum five years HMO or managed care experience preferred.
· Minimum ten years of progressive management experience required.
· Minimum seven years of experience in a senior-level information technology position.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to a variety of audiences
· Demonstrated ability to function as an effective member of a management team.
· Demonstrated ability to attract and retain excellent staff.
· Demonstrated ability to solve problems.
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships between employees, management and vendors.
· Demonstrated ability to maintain an in-depth, broad and current knowledge of technology and solutions.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the state government information technology.
· Demonstrated ability to create materials using the Microsoft Office Suite.
· Demonstrated ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
· Demonstrated visionary leadership and creative thinking.
· Highly developed verbal and written communications.
· Demonstrated knowledge of process improvement methods.
· Demonstrated change management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and to consistently deliver projects within established time and budget constraints.
· Experience in cost center management and budget oversight.
· Extensive experience in strategic planning and execution.
· Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
· Demonstrated knowledge of management of complex organizations including the preparation of strategic plans and administration budgets, leadership of management teams, and the development of high performance staff.
· Extensive knowledge of database applications.
· Extensive knowledge of software development.
· Extensive knowledge of network administration.
· Extensive experience with implementation of information technology integrations in a large division/company.
· Experience and knowledge of RAM HealthSuite and Casenet TruCare products preferred.
· Experience with Data Warehousing, MS SQL, and Windows Server environment highly desirable.
$225,000 - $337,500/annually