Under supervison from the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, the Senior Financial Analyst, Healthcare is responsible for analyzing financial and operational performance by providing advanced financial analysis of healthcare revenue and healthcare expense using various ad hoc reporting tools.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Conduct financial and operational analyses involving a a wide range of issues.
· Perform operational activities including but not limited to the generation of reports and analyses from data sources requiring substantial and complex use of the company’s information systems.
· Complete IBNP pre-processing functions.
· Identify and provide solutions for data integrity issues. Work with operational departments and Information Technology to ensure data consistency and accuracy.
· Responsible for reinsurance process; submission of claims and processing of recoveries.
· Participate in implementing future phases or upgrades of Planning and Budgeting system.
· Help represent Finance department’s needs for accounting system interfaces and data warehouse design.
· Review mapping and assigment of General Ledger mapping logic for fee-for-service claims.
· Responsible for creating databases used for medical expense projections.
· Assign General Ledger accounts to manually processed claims items.
· Influence and communicate with IT to act as a liaison between user information requirements and IT technical activities.
· Understand and apply project management and system design techniques.
· Develop assumptions and model various financial scenarios.
· Manage project risk and client expectations. Promote communication and coordination at all organizational levels.
· Perform reconciliations, budget variance analyses and trend analyses.
· Complete other duties as assigned by the Director, Planning and Analysis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Consult with managers, IT, and employee users.
· Systematic review, problem solving, design, and implementation of financial data systems and reports.
· Data gathering from diverse systems.
· Data analysis and report preparation.
· Guide integrating findings into financial operations.
· Complying with the organization’s Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
· Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
· Constant sitting and working at desk.
· Constant data entry using keyboard and/or mouse.
· Frequent use of telephone headset.
· Constant verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
· Frequent lifting of folders and other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lbs.
· Frequent walking and standing.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
· B.S. in Business Administration, Accounting, Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Five years’ experience analyzing complex data and creating management information for financial reporting and decision support.
· Ten years’ experience analyzing healthcare expense in an insurance or health plan setting.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
· Proficient understanding of the software development life cycle.
· Ability to manage projects effectively and efficiently and provide leadership.
· Proficient understanding of healthcare and/or insurance industry. Know the general business processes in healthcare and how they affect an organization. Understand some of the regulatory requirements for HMOs.
· Well organized, detail oriented, and experienced in maintaining a complex, automated financial system required.
· Ability to create documents that describe systems and processes.
· Experience using Business Objects or similar OLAP tool.
· Advanced experience in use of MS Office products including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, and Business Objects.
· Able to understand the nuances of data (people using the same name to refer to different things).
· Knowledge of SQL preferred.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to successfully relate to people at all levels.
· Able to facilitate meetings and make presentations before groups of management and staff.
· Ability to gather, read, analyze, and interpret complex financial/operating data and create accurate meaningful financial information for financial reporting and decision support.
· Plan and complete tasks to a high standard on time.
· Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and daily ambiguity is essential.
$77,710 - $116,570/annually